Does anyone else find it difficult when people tell you that positivity is the medicine you need to be happy? I do believe I am a generally positive person. But sometimes life sucks you down and no amount of plastering a grin on your face or looking at the bright side is going to cover up those feelings. Because those feelings are real and it is only a disservice to yourself to pretend otherwise. Own up to your truth, stand tall in your every pain and heartbreak.

You know what can at least help lighten the load of a heavy heart? Dancing. When I am sad, after I spend some time in my bed listening to sad songs or watching a heart-wrenching movie, I turn on something pumpin' and get my solo dance party on. It's been known to happen on a weekly if not daily basis.

Here are some of the songs I've been dancing to lately. And hang in there. You're not the only one who feels like the world is going against you sometimes. You've got company in that department, so just forget the world for a few minutes and dance it out (Grey's Anatomy flashback, anyone?) .



1. "Ashtrays and Heartbreaks" Snoop Lion ft. Miley Cyrus
Ok, I am surprisingly digging this song. It was just released a couple of days ago, and I know what you're going to say. Just ignore the Snoop Lion and Miley Cyrus of it. It's not exactly a pump up song, but I love the beat and but sway to it, it feels good ; )




2. "The Way" by Ariana Grande ft. Mac Miller
This song is really fun to jump around to and pretend you're in a music video for. Just shake your tush and channel your inner Christina.




3. "Shake It" by Metro Station
Good beats, and come on, the name of the song is Shake It. 




4. "I Choose U" by Timeflies
First of all, google the singer in this song and you won't even need the song to start dancing. Hubba hubba. This is another song where it's more fun just to pretend you're the star of HIS video for. Better yet, go watch this:






5. "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles
I can't get over this song. Maybe it's just me, but I love it. It came out in the late 70s, and it's just so much swizzle your hips and shoulders to.



6. "Carried Away" by Passion Pit
I have been thoroughly enjoying this song ever since I found the music video for it, which I showed here. I've been twirling around my room to it all week.



And just remember,







Leave a Reply

Some images by weheartit.com. Powered by Blogger.