You know that feeling you get when something really special is about to happen? When you can just feel it, everything gets sort of quiet and your brain snaps into focus. This is why I love movies- this feeling. Obviously it doesn't come with every film you see, but when it does, when you get lucky and watch a truly great movie- it's magic.

One of my favorite things to do to fill a lazy day is go on Netflix and find movies I've never heard of and try them out. You may recognize some, but here are a few pretty great ones I've seen...

1. The Giant Mechanical Man with Jenna Fischer & Chris Messina
First of all, this is probably one of my favorites. This film is about people who are stuck in life and how everything can seem hopeless if you're alone. Messina is a street performer, while Fischer is in between jobs and living in her sisters house. Their chemistry is unique and the writing is great. 







2. Management with Jennifer Aniston & Steve Zahn
Okay, I realize many of you have probably heard of this movie, but how many have actually seen it? I remember when it came out but I never had any interest in it. I was so wrong. It's the perfect mix of comedy & drama with an interesting look at relationships. Aniston is a businesswoman who doesn't remember what it feels like to be happy and Zahn is a motel employee. Zahn is trying to show her that happiness is still a realistic option for her.









3. Broken English with Parker Posey & Melvil Poupaud
This is a love story. But it's a little different and gives someone as socially awkward as me a little inspiration : ) Posey is an absolute mess of a woman in her thirties who finds magic with Poupaud, a frenchman. 








4. Stranger than Fiction with Will Ferrell & Maggie Gyllenhaal
Okay if you haven't seen this movie, go watch it now. Will Ferrell is perfection. He's still his usual hilarious self but in such a toned down, understated way that it's wonderful. The story is that he wakes up one morning and hears a voice narrating his life. 










2 Comments

  1. I L O V E Netflix! I so out of touch with movies, but Netflix keeps me up to date. Love Jenna Fischer! Going to have to watch that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movie nights, the best memories ever! x

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete

Some images by weheartit.com. Powered by Blogger.