I don't care that I just posted about music, I'm going to do it again, and probably again soon after that. There's no such thing as too much good music. These are just some of my favorite female albums, most of them pretty recently produced. I hope you enjoy.




1. Kacey Musgraves "Same Trailer Different Park" 2013
I know this is a brand new album but I already love it. Now, I generally don't take in too much country at all, but I have to say Kacey's lyrics and voice really get to me.
Favorite's from the album: Follow Your Arrow, Merry Go Round (of course) & Dandelion







2. Dia Frampton "Red" 2011
I know I just talked about Dia in my 5 favorite songs right now, but in reality I'm obsessed with her entire album right now. Honestly, there is hardly a song I haven't been struck by.
Favorites from the album: Daniel, The Broken Ones & Don't Kick the Chair






3. Katy Perry "One of the Boys" 2008
Okay, okay I know what you're thinking. But I am not ashamed to say she is one of my favorite contemporary pop artists. Mostly because I adore this album in particular. The songs are less poppy and more about the lyrics. Also Katy Perry gives me this whole kick ass girl power vibe that I really love.
Favorites from the album: If You Can Afford Me, Thinking of You & I'm Still Breathing






4. Kimbra "Vows" 2012
Some of you may have read my earlier post about Kimbra's concert. She is such a unique sound in music right now. Her voice and the way she arranges her music has this rare quality that I really can't get enough of. She was also the sweetest musician I've seen live.
Favorites from the album: Cameo Lover, Two Way Street & Posse






5. Lana del Rey "Born to Die" 2011
I literally can't say enough good things about Lana's music. Her voice is also unique to anyone I've heard before. Her lyrics are so dark and tragic, but so beautiful. Her albums are very complementary of each other and I find myself completely lost in the songs. This one in particular.
Favorites of the album: Radio, This Is What Makes Us Girls & Summertime Sadness



(most photos from google)




Leave a Reply

Some images by weheartit.com. Powered by Blogger.