"I don't wanna be, be in your posse girl, I don't wanna be caught in your social machine. I don't wanna be, be in your posse girl, it's not my scene, I don't need your company." -Posse

I was lucky enough to see Kimbra in concert this past Tuesday at the Varsity Theater in Dinkytown. Let me just say, beyond amazing. Kimbra's vocals are even better live, if you can believe that. The thing I love about live shows is that no matter how many times you listen to a song, nothing compares to seeing it performed by the artist. It's more personal, and it's something you will have forever.
I've always had a deep love for music. My first real concert was Nick Jonas & The Administration, (yes I am appropriately embarrassed by this) and even though I sometimes hesitate to tell people I paid to see him, I have to admit that I remember the night like it was yesterday. This is simply because it launched my love of seeing performers live. There is nothing like the feeling you get when you're standing mere feet from the stage with the speakers blaring so loud you can feel the beat down to your very core.
In the four years since then I've never gone more than a few months between concerts, and they never lose that magic, trust me.

All to say, Kimbra was probably my favorite thus far. Her energy, dress, vocal tricks and that charming New Zealand accent combined into the perfect night of entertainment.




Leave a Reply

Some images by weheartit.com. Powered by Blogger.